May 26, 2020 – Our entire store is open!
We are pleased to announce that, starting today, our main store will be open to the public. Our customers will have complete access to the store interior and all showrooms. For the protection of both staff and patrons, everyone will be required to adhere to New York State’s mask mandate and follow social distancing guidelines.
Our commitment to the safety of our employees and customers remains our top priority, so we have implemented additional safety precautions. We have installed protective Plexiglass shields on all cashier stations and will continue our increased cleaning and sanitizing efforts of carts, baskets, counters and displays. We will also be posting social distancing signage to help remind everyone to keep a safe distance.
- Call in Orders/Curbside Pickup – Since our store is now officially open, it’s no longer necessary to phone in your orders for pickup. Instead we encourage our customers to visit us and browse our inventory with fresh and inspired eyes.
- Delivery – Spoiled by the convenience of home delivery? This timely service remains available and will return to our regular, flat rate of $35 on June 1st.
We appreciate our loyal customers and look forward to seeing you all very soon!
March 30, 2020 – JAY-K Lumber is open for business!
To protect the health of our customers, staff, and the community, beginning immediately, we will not be able to allow any customers into the store.
We are still here and open for business, and while all our products are still available for sale, we will be taking orders by phone, and for pick-up or delivery only.
Here’s how it will work:
- Call the store and an expert will help you with your project over the phone. You and the expert will work out what you need for your project. If you already know what you need, great! Just let us know. For any products from inside the store, we ask that you call in your order ahead of time.
- If you would prefer, you can still send us an “Ask Our Experts” question form on our website, and include any items you need.
- We will call you back with the full material list and price, along with a time frame during which you can come pick it up. On this call you will pay for your order, and can choose either pick-up or delivery.
- If you’re picking up, please come into either the main parking lot or the Lumber Yard entrance, and call the store to let us know you’re here. Someone will run the order out to your car/truck.
- If you want to load up your own truck from the lumber yard, you can enter by the Lumber Yard entrance (just past the main parking lot), and pay at the yard cashier.
- We are only able to accept credit cards or JAY-K Lumber store accounts for payment; unfortunately, we cannot accept cash at this time. We will also be continuing our discounted delivery charge of $20.
We are so grateful for your continued loyalty, support, and understanding.
We will keep you updated as conditions change, and look forward to resuming our normal hours as soon as possible. Follow us on social media and online for updates.
Stay safe, healthy, and strong.
March 22, 2020 – JAY-K Lumber is here for you.
JAY-K Lumber, in coordination with State and Federal Guidelines, remains open as we recognize that many products and services we offer are considered essential to the community.
We are committed to the safety of our employees, customers and community. As such, JAY-K Lumber has implemented the following actions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus:
- Limiting Shoppers – To maintain safe distancing, we will limit the number of customers in the store at any one time.
- No Browsing – This is not a time to ramble about the store, please consider and decide what you need to purchase before entering the store.
- Call in Orders – Please call your order in ahead of time. We will gather the items and have them ready for pick up or loading.
- Delivery – Please take advantage of our discounted delivery fee and allow us to deliver your order to you.
- Limited Showrooms – As we stated above, this is not the time to visit our showrooms to browse. Limiting time in store is essential. Start your project on our website.
- We will get through this – This situation is constantly changing but we are committed to being here for you as long as we can during this difficult time. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Be safe and be well.
This is subject to change at any time
March 19, 2020 – Adjusted Store Hours
We want to inform everyone that we will remain open for business, but starting on March 20th, we will be adjusting our store hours to the following:
Monday–Friday: 7:00 am–4:00 pm
Customers can continue to come into the store or can call in their order. We will assemble your purchases for you, then you can either pick it up, or we can deliver it to you at a discounted delivery price (just $20).
We will continue to be guided by our company’s values, including making timely decisions that prioritize the health and safety of our employees and customers.
We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing of everything in our store, including carts, baskets, counters, and store displays.
We are encouraging our staff and customers to participate in all recommended social distancing.
Most importantly, we are here for the community!
March 16, 2020 – Store and Delivery Assistance
We’re in this together, and we are here to help
Your safety has always been a top priority to us. Whether you are creating that new deck at home or walking through our yard and store, we care that you are protected, secure and safe.
- Instead of coming into the store, you may call in your orders and we will deliver them to you
- We have discounted our delivery charge to just $20 (normally $35)
- If you are out picking up essentials, give us a call ahead of time, and we can have your order ready to be picked up.
We are happy to help in whatever way you prefer.
Not sure the exact parts to order without coming in? Our Experts will walk through your project with you over the phone. Together, we will figure it out.
We remain grateful to be a part of such a dedicated & resourceful community. Stay safe & take care during these trying times.
Dean and Jonas Kelly and the JAY-K Lumber Team