Work at JAY-K Lumber
This is a real lumberyard where we do real and important work for our customers. We do it well and we do it professionally. There is much to learn about lumber, hardware, and building and if you’re up for the work, we’ll teach you the trade. Sound like a good opportunity? That’s because it is. We’re a family owned, small, single location business and we welcome your interest. We do relationships, camaraderie, fun, and whatever it takes. Want in?
JAY-K Lumber is now recruiting for the following position(s). We are seeking highly motivated individuals who want to succeed in a professional retail business environment.
Electrical/Plumbing Associate F/T
This sales associate position works with customers to find the best products and solutions for their projects. Successful applicants will have basic residential electrical and plumbing knowledge and experience. Additional experience in retail is preferred. Prior proven excellent customer service experience is a plus.
- Minimum 18 years old
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills
- Reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
Position requires availability during all store hours (below). This position is scheduled for 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week.
JAY-K Store Hours: M-F – 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sat. 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Full Time Front End Associate/Cashier
Sell paint products and provide excellent service to retail and contractor customers.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions and provide assistance.
- Operate a computerized cash register using knowledge of building supply products and their related codes (full training provided).
- Answer telephones and direct callers to appropriate departments.
- Provide front-end customer service.
- Hign School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills.
- Reading, writing and math skills.
Position requires a minimum of two Saturdays per month during regular store hours.
All F/T JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: M-F – 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sat. 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. F/T Associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Apply in person at:
JAY-K Independent Lumber Corp.
8448 Seneca Turnpike
New Hartford, NY 13413
Or download an Employment Application.