Sell lumber and building materials and provide excellent service to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Service customers both in-person and by phone.
- Review customers’ needs and preferences.
- Demonstrate products, explain features, and provide samples based on customer requirements.
- Quote prices.
- Order items from vendors when required. Complete purchase orders.
- Stock shelves, counters, and tables with merchandise. Assemble items as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the department in a neat, clean condition.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Lumber and building materials knowledge preferred; must be able to read a ruler.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Computer experience required..
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills.
- Reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work various hours (up to 50 per week), including at least 2 Saturdays per month
- Hourly rate range; $15 to $22.50
- Eligible for health insurance on first day of employment
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off – Vacation, personal time, holidays, sick time
- Bonus plan
- Store discount
- Training and educational assistance
All full-time JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: Monday–Friday 7am–6pm; Saturday 7am–1pm. Full-time associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Don’t see an open position that exactly matches your experience? We’re always interested in hearing from skilled, qualified candidates.