Gate Greeter – Part Time
Greet customers and delivery trucks and allow entrance to lumber yard. Inspect customer vehicles upon departure from yard. Verify merchandise in vehicle to invoice to ensure inventory control. Assist drivers with loading and unloading of trucks. Assist with inventory of warehouses
- Check customer receipts when leaving the yard for accuracy.
- Have gates open at 7:00 AM and make sure they are locked after the last customer leaves at closing.
- Keep the gate house and surrounding areas clean and organized
- Load customers with items that are stocked near the gate house.
- Write return slips for material being returned for credit.
- Inspect security of material to vehicle properly and has a flag if over 4 feet from vehicle.
- Give directions to customers and trucks entering and leaving the yard as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills.
- Reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Work is performed outside
- Must be able to use a ruler and tape measure.
- Part time with some Saturday work required
All full-time JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: Monday–Friday 7am–6pm; Saturday 7am–1pm. Full-time associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Don’t see an open position that exactly matches your experience? We’re always interested in hearing from skilled, qualified candidates.
Apply Online or download an Employment Application.