- Greet customers and delivery trucks and allow entrance to lumber yard.
- Inspect customer vehicles upon departure from yard.
- Verify merchandise in vehicle to invoice to ensure inventory control.
- Assist drivers with loading and unloading of trucks.
- Assist with inventory of warehouses
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check customer receipts when leaving the yard for accuracy.
- Have gates open at 7:00 AM and make sure they are locked after the last customer leaves at closing.
- Keep the gate house and surrounding areas clean and organized
- Load customers with items that are stocked near the gate house.
- Write return slips for material being returned for credit.
- Inspect security of material to vehicle properly and has a flag if over 4 feet from vehicle.
- Give directions to customers and trucks entering and leaving the yard as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills.
- Reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Work is performed outside
- Must be able to use a ruler and tape measure.
- Hourly rate range; $14.20 to $21.30
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off – Vacation, personal time, holidays, sick time
- Bonus plan
- Store discount
- Training and educational assistance
All full-time JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: Monday–Friday 7am–6pm; Saturday 7am–1pm. Full-time associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Don’t see an open position that exactly matches your experience? We’re always interested in hearing from skilled, qualified candidates.