Duties: Drive a company truck throughout the Mohawk Valley region to deliver building materials at customers’ homes and businesses. Select lumber and related building materials and load onto truck for delivery. Provide expertise and customer service at the time of delivery.
This position will be part of JAY-K DOT Driver team and subject to pre-hire and random drug testing.
- Valid NYS drivers license (CDL not required).
- 1 year related driving experience.
- Experience driving manual transmission vehicles a plus
- Vocational training in building related courses or carpentry helpful.
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Availability to work various hours (up to 50 per week), including at least 2 Saturdays per month.
- Hourly rate range; $15 to $22.50
- Eligible for health insurance on first day of employment
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off – Vacation, personal time, holidays, sick time
- Bonus plan
- Store discount
- Training and educational assistance
All full-time JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: Monday–Friday 7am–6pm; Saturday 7am–1pm. Full-time associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Don’t see an open position that exactly matches your experience? We’re always interested in hearing from skilled, qualified candidates.