Experienced full-time CDL driver needed. Position requires selecting lumber and related building materials and loading onto truck for delivery. Position also requires driving and operating a flatbed boom truck throughout central New York and the Adirondack region to deliver building materials at customers’ homes and businesses.. This position is responsible for providing customer service at the time of delivery.
- Valid NYS drivers license – minimum CDL Class B
- 1 year related driving experience.
- Experience driving manual transmission vehicles
- Vocational training in building related courses or carpentry helpful.
- Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Availability to work various hours (up to 50 per week), including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Driver will be part of JAY-K DOT Driver team and subject to pre-hire and random drug testing.
All full-time JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: Monday–Friday 7am–6pm; Saturday 7am–1pm. Full-time associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Don’t see an open position that exactly matches your experience? We’re always interested in hearing from skilled, qualified candidates.