This is a real lumberyard where we do real and important work for our customers. We do it well and we do it professionally. There is much to learn about lumber, hardware, and building and if you’re up for the work, we’ll teach you the trade. Sound like a good opportunity? That’s because it is. We’re a family owned, small, single location business and we welcome your interest. We do relationships, camaraderie, fun, and whatever it takes. Want in?
JAY-K Lumber is now recruiting for the following position(s). We are seeking highly motivated individuals who want to succeed in a professional retail business environment.
Part-Time Stock Associate
The Stock associate is a part-time position (up to 30 hours per week) supporting the inventory management of JAY-K Lumber. The stocker stocks shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise, and arranges merchandise displays to attract customers. The stocker may periodically take physical count of stock, or check and mark merchandise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open, unpack, and inspect merchandise
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles
- Carry merchandise out to customers’ vehicles
- Answer customers’ questions about merchandise, and advise or refer customers to department Associates for merchandise selection
- 18 years or older; HS or equivalent required
- No experience necessary; will train
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work JAY-K Lumber store hours, including Saturdays
- Ability to plan, schedule, assign, check own work
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Work is performed inside and outside in a lumberyard setting
Full-Time Electrical/Plumbing Associate
This sales associate position works with customers to find the best products and solutions for their projects, so applicants should have basic residential electrical and plumbing knowledge and experience. Additional experience in retail is preferred. Prior proven excellent customer service experience is a plus.
Must be minimum 18 years old, with HS diploma or equivalent. Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills; reading, writing, and mathematical skills. Lifting over 50 lbs. is required.
Position requires availability during all store hours (below). Associate will work 38+ hours per week, with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week.
Full-Time CDL Driver
Experienced full-time CDL driver needed for busy Retail Building Supply store. Drive and operate flatbed boom truck throughout the Mohawk Valley Region to deliver building materials at customers’ homes and businesses. Select lumber and related building materials and load onto truck for delivery. Responsible for providing customer service at the time of deliveries.
Driver will be part of JAY-K DOT Driver team and subject to pre-hire and random testing.
All F/T JAY-K positions require availability during all store hours (below) including 2 or 3 required Saturdays per month. JAY-K Store Hours: M-F – 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sat. 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. F/T Associates work 38+ hours per week with overtime pay for hours worked over 40/week. All applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug test.
JAY-K is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity and inclusion.
Apply in person at:
JAY-K Independent Lumber Corp.
8448 Seneca Turnpike
New Hartford, NY 13413
Or download an employment application.